According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “An estimated 1.7 million people sustain a TBI annually and 52,000 people die from TBIs.”
Just like brain injuries themselves, the legal procedures for brain injuries are extremely complicated. There is a wide range of TBIs varying from mild injuries to serious ones. Here is a list of facts and myths to help you get a better understanding about brain injuries.
Fact 1: Here’s a list of common accidents that result in a TBI:
- Hit by an object
- Physical contact with another player
- Hitting your head on the ground, pole or any other object
- Getting jolted so your brain shakes inside your skull
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Falling from three or more feet off the ground
- Falling down five or more stairs
- Falling off a bicycle without a helmet
Fact 2: There are two ways of filing a TBI lawsuit: personal injury and wrongful death.
Fact 3: Traumatic brain injury can take days, weeks, or even months to effect and impact the victim.
If you or a loved one has experienced TBI or know of someone who is suffering from TBI or has lost someone due to TBI, call us now at 317-672-0948 to get you the help you need to take steps towards recovery and compensation. Our attorneys, Joseph Williams, William Riley, and James Piatt have many years of experience in brain injury cases. They have made many recoveries that exceeded their clients expectations.
We’ll help you recover the following expenses:
- Medical care throughout the person’s life
- Caregivers at home
- Counseling and Psychiatric care
- Lost wages
- Expenses not covered by existing health insurance
- Travel expenses for medical care
- Various support services for the injured person’s family
- Funeral expenses