Suing for defamation can be extremely hard lawsuit to battle. According to dictionary.com, defamation is “false or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another, as by slander or libel”. Defamation can be spoken as slander or written as libel. We live in a country where freedom of speech is a crucial part of every person’s rights, but when their speech include false statements that will damage others emotionally or financially this becomes a major legal problem. However, not all statements that are negative are defamatory. For example, when someone says “I think” before a negative statement, it usually is their opinion and does not qualify as defamatory.
There are many reasons why one should seek a personal injury attorney.
- Was the statement an opinion or not?
If it was an opinion, you probably don’t have a case. If not, read on.
- Is there proof of the defamatory statement?
- It could be written or recorded.
- Is there proof of the damages or harm to reputation?
- This could be financially, mentally, or physically experienced.
- Do you have witnesses of who would testify your suffering?
- They must be willing to testify as witnesses.
If you have answered no to the first question and yes to the last three, then you probably have a case. We can help you fight back the defamation and get compensated for the damages that it caused. Instead of worrying about a ruined reputation or a ruined business, let us help you build a strong case, so that you can focus on rebuilding your business’s reputation in a positive light again.