If you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligence or have lost someone as a result of negligence, why experience more losses than what you’ve had to experience? No matter how minor an injury may seem Riley Williams & Piatt are here to help you. If it’s too minor that you won’t need our help, we’ll simply assure you that you won’t be swooned into hiring us when you don’t need any representation. But we will fight vigorously in any way to get you the compensation that you deserve. If you’ve injured yourself in Indiana, why not get the best representation that you can get? At Riley Williams & Piatt, personal injury attorneys are not only reliable, they are also committed and experienced personal injury cases in Indiana. They know where to look to strengthen your case.
There are many reasons why one should seek a personal injury attorney. We’ve compiled a list of 9.
- Serious Injury From Motor Vehicle Accident : If you or your party have been injured and you or other person’s insurance company has not compensated you enough and refuses to cover the costs you need covered, you may need to hire a lawyer because insurance companies will always have lawyers fighting for them.
- Traumatic Brain Injury : According to research by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, each year there are about “1.7 million Traumatic Brain Injury related deaths, hospitalizations, and emergency department visits” Find more information here: http://injury.findlaw.com/car-accidents/brain-injury-overview.html
- Wrongful Death : Any death that is the result of someone’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be able to bring a legal action to the situation. Some situations include automobile or plane accident, occupational exposure to harmful elements, and criminal behaviors.
- Construction Accident Personal Injury : Due to the vulnerability of construction sites to danger The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards are in place to prevent accidents. There are four categories of “fatal four”: falls, electrocutions, “struck by object,” and “caught in-between. However, fatality is not required to file for compensation. Even minor injuries could receive compensation.
- Medical Malpractice : When a medical professional fails to follow the health guidelines or standard of care in treating someone can be seriously injured. Medical negligence can be fought against if there is proof of damages. Whether it was an accident, error, or ill-intentioned, all medical negligence claims could stop from others experiencing the same trauma.
- Products Liability : Other times manufacturers release products that contain inherent defects that can cause harm to consumers. There are three types of product defects: design defects, manufacturing defects, and defects in marketing.
- Design defects : When a product is inherently defected, from the stage of designing, this product is flawed
- Manufacturing defects : These are defects that occur when a product is being manufactured. These are like the “lemons” of the batch of products constructed.
- Defects in Marketing : This is when manufacturers do not warn the consumers of the dangers of the product or disregarding to include proper instructions.
- Nursing Home Neglect : Sometimes abuse occurs in nursing homes and can lead to deaths. You can see if your loved one is being abused by looking for these signs here. 90 percent of nursing homes are understaffed. Proper nursing home care can prevent deaths resulting from negligence, but without alert staffs, proper care is hard to come by. Sometimes it may be really hard if an elderly is experiencing neglect. Four primary neglects include:
- Emotional or Social Neglect : When an elderly is yelled at or ignored repeatedly
- Personal Hygiene Neglect : When an elderly does not receive proper help to meet personal hygiene standards.
- Basic Needs Neglect : When an elderly does not have enough food or water and things of the sort that are part of the essential necessities.
- Medical Neglect : When an elderly does not receive the proper attention, prevention, and medication for medical concerns.
- Sometimes abuse occurs in nursing homes and can lead to deaths . You can see if your loved one is being abused by looking for these signs here.
- Child Injury : Children face dangers from everyday activities daily. However, many times child injuries can be preventable. If negligence is part of the reason why your child was injured, we may be able to fight against the negligence to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Spinal Cord injury : There are about 260,000 individuals in America suffering from spinal cord injuries. Most of the time these injuries are very costly and never-ending. Most people will need to receive help for the rest of their lives. You should seek compensation if you or a loved one has a spinal cord injury due to negligence.